40 Vegetarian & Vegan Foods You Can Serve In A Wedding[[ 1496376900 * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'll']] | 559 views
"Do you have vegetarian or vegan menu?"
If this question throws you into a state of panic, don't worry, we're here to solve your problem! As more people becomes vegetarians and vegans for various reasons, it's not a surprise to receive such inquiries from brides and grooms-to-be who would like to provide a variety of menu for themselves and their guests. It is important to know the food you're serving to your client's wedding
Now, let's first understand the difference between 'vegetarianism' and 'veganism':
- Vegetarian (vg)
A person who does not eat meat. Dairy products or eggs might be consumed depending on whether the individual is ovo-vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian, or ovo-lacto vegetarian.
- Vegan (vn)
A person who neither eat or use any animal products nor consume eggs and dairy products.
See below a widespread of scrumptious vegetarian and vegan food that will sway the hearts of your client's carnivorous guest!
HORS D'OEUVRE / APPETIZERS
Meaning 'appetizer' in French, a fresh and tantalizing selection of hors d'oeuvres goes a long way! While there are many to choose from, here are our favorite picks to fill those hungry guests!
- Sweet Potato Avocado Tartare - Love & Lemons (vn)
- Tropical Mango Spring Rolls - COOKIE+Kate (vg)
- Vegetable Pakoras- Hersha Patel, Tastemade (vn)
- Mini Pizza della Sicilia - Green Kitchen Stories (vg)
- Rice Flour Potstickers with Sweet & Sour Tempeh Filling - Vegan Richa (vn)
Photo Credits: Love & Lemons (left), COOKIE+Kate (middle) & Green Kitchen Stories (right)
As our mothers told us, "eat your veggies if you want to be healthy." While salad could be a boring menu for a wedding reception, these exotic salad bowl will surely impress your clients and their guests alike.
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Orange Lime Dressing - Minimalist Baker (vn)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Spicy Dressing - Healthful Pursuit (vg)
- Edamame-Chickpea Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing - 86 Lemons (vn)
- Indonesian Gado Gado - Saveur (vg)
- Turmeric Tofu Sesame Salad - Delightful Vegans (vn)
- Roasted New Potato with Lentils + Herb Dressing- Occasionally Eggs (vn)
Photo Credits: Minimalist Baker (left), Healthful Pursuit (top-right) & Delightful Vegans (bottom-right)
There's nothing like a warm wonton soup in an air-conditioned ballroom party or a bowl of Moroccan chickpea soup for a chilly winter wedding. If you will be serving under the summer heat, count on Gazpacho to the rescue!
- Tuscan Pappa Al Pomodoro - Daniel Gritzer, Serious Eats (vn)
- Moroccan Chickpea Soup - Gimme Some Oven (vg)
- Gazpacho - Omar Allibhoy, Jamie Oliver Food Tube (vn)
- Wonton Soup with Mushroom-Zucchini Meatballs - Katherine Sacks, Epicurious (vg)
- Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup - Megan Gordon, The Kitchn (vn)
- Split Pea Soup with Smoky Tempeh Croutons - The Full Helping (vn)
Photo Credits: The Full Helping (left), Serious Eats (top-right) & Epicurious (bottom-right)
PASTA & NOODLES
If your clients don't mind the extra calorie in their special day, suggest adding good ol' pasta or noodle to their wedding menu. Or, if they are still looking for something similar but with less calories, we have added No Noodle Pad Thai for them to try.
- Tagliatelle with Asparagus & Parmesan Fonduta - April Bloomfield, Epicurious (vg)
- No Noodle Pad Thai - COOKIE+kate (vn)
- Linguine with Saffron, Roasted Garlic, Herb Butter & Hazelnuts- Delicious Magazine (vg)
- Roasted Eggplant + Noodles with Chinese Black Vinegar Dressing - My Darling Lemon Thyme (vn)
- Kimchi Udon with Scallions - Bon Appétit (vg)
- 8-Ingredient Zucchini Lasagna - Minimalist Baker (vn)
Photo Credits: Delicious Magazine (top-left), Minimalist Baker (bottom-left) & COOKIE+Kate (right)
As a caterer, your food is your reputation. You can let them drum rolls because these vegetarian and vegan entrées are going to steal the spotlight!
- Cheesy Vegan Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Root Vegetables - The Full Helping (vn)
- Baked Mushroom Risotto - Faith Durand, The Kitchn (vg)
- Moroccan Yam Veggie Burgers with Cilantro Lime Tahini Sauce - Oh She Glows (vn)
- Mushroom Wellingtons - Delicious Everyday (vn)
- Ratatouille Quinoa Casserole - My Organic Diary (vn)
- Cauliflower Sformato with Crispy Kale & Caramelised Pine Nuts - Oliver Magazine (vg)
Photo Credits: Delicious Everyday (left), Oliver Magazine (top-right) & Oh She Glows (bottom-right)
No wedding is complete without the presence of sweet treats to counter savoury aftertaste. Pick one, two, or even three for some sugar fix of the day.
- Thai Mango Sticky Rice - Jen Phanomrat, Tastemade (vn)
- Ricotta Panna Cotta with Raspberry & Blood Orange Chia Jam - Cheeky Kitchen with Brooke Lark (vg)
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars - Minimalist Baker (vn)
- Es Teler- Asian Food Channel (vg)
- Cinnamon Cashew Milk Flan - Fork & Beans (vn)
- Sweet Potato Meringue Pie with Salted Pecan Crème Fraîche - Reclaiming Provincial (vg)
Photo Credits: Reclaiming Provincial (left), Fork & Beans (middle) & Cheeky Kitchen (right)
Get the night going with drinks to quench everybody's thirst. Alcoholic and not, these drinks will surely add a jolt of energy to your client's wedding. Now, let's serve 'em up!
- Grapefruit Tequila Mimosa - Emily Kovach, Spoonful (vn)
- Lemon Ginger Gimlets - Love & Lemons (vn)
- Frozen Thai Iced Coffee - Girl versus Dough (vg)
- Cardamom Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea - Vegan Richa (vn)
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushie - The Crunchy Chronicles (vn)
Photo Credits: Girl versus Dough (top-left), Love & Lemons (bottom-left), Vegan Richa (right)
There are endless food variety you can offer to your wedding clients, however if you are just about to venture into the vegetarian and vegan food scene, we hope the choices above could get you started. For those who have already provided these options, tell us you signature vegetarian and vegan dishes on the comment box below!